We thirst for more creative blood and are currently searching for a talented painter to join our team . Are you up for the challenge? Here goes…
As a painter you are called to paint the interior and exterior of structures, buildings and other surfaces according to a clients’ request. The goal is to deliver high-quality painting work.
Your work will typically entail application of wall stenciling and sometimes the application of wall paper on both new and existing projects; big and small projects.
An excellent painter is knowledgeable in selecting the right material for their job. They have experience in painting with various tools and in various heights and spaces while observing all safety measures. They must be reliable and deft as well as possess great attention to detail in completing their duties.
Your role will include:
- Reading blueprints/drawings and instructions and examining surfaces to determine the kind and amount of work necessary
- Making on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures etc.
- Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material (e.g. plaster)
- Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right color or texture
- Paint surfaces according to instructions with various tools
- Apply varnish and other finishes
- Take and adhere to all health and safety precautions
- Protect all nearby furnishings and building materials before and during every painting job, including carpets, cabinetry, outlet covers, lighting fixtures and landscaping.
- Work with wall stencils and wall papers.
- Work with other construction professionals, such as carpenters, electricians and plumbers, to reach goals.
- Collaborate with other professional painters on larger jobs.
- Practice self-supervision and ensure you complete each project in an efficient, timely manner.
As well as advising clients, as a painter you must work closely with other professionals. You may place orders with manufacturers and suppliers, and supervise builders on site.
- Proven experience as a painter
- Ability to read and follow architectural drawings.
- Excellent knowledge of painting material and how to select, mix and apply them
- Solid knowledge of commercial and/or construction painting techniques
- Aptitude in using appropriate tools (brushes, caulking guns etc.)
- Good basic math skills
- Manual dexterity with excellent balance to work on scaffolding, ladders etc.
- Conscientious with great attention to detail
- Confidence and self-discipline.
- Creative talent, imagination and eye for design as well as good drawing skills.
- Presentation skills – the ability to visualize concepts and explain them to others.
- Organizational skills, to ensure each project is completed on time and within budget
- Awareness of technical building issues, and the range of relevant products and materials
- Previous proven knowledge on wall stencils and wall papers will be an added advantage.
- Some knowledge of the English language will also be an added advantage.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Certificate in Painting or similar
Women are highly encouraged to apply and will be given the first priority in the selection procedures.
A driving license may be useful.
Hours and Environment
As a painter you will typically work 45 hours a week, Monday to Friday. Some evening and weekend work may be required to ensure deadlines are met.
You will sometimes split your time between an office and a construction site. You may need to go up high scaffolding or into underground tunnels.
The work is location based and you will spend most of the time on sites, although you will be expected to adhere to regular office hours. When on site, painters need to wear protective clothing, including a hard hat and proper shoes.
call: +255 22 277 2270 / +255 656 879397